22 January 2016

A Minister And Money ( Pastor Onayinka Olusegun)

Selah ( Thoughts about money)
A Minister of the gospel must be careful for money .
Paul warned Timothy sternly on this
1 Timothy 6:9-10 KJV
[9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
[10] For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
It won't just affect you,it will compromise your faith ,that is your teaching .
Paul tells Timothy to avoid men who measure spirituality by material aquisition .
1 Timothy 6:5 KJV
[5] Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

It's noteworthy that the preacher must not preach piety as poverty or vice versa .
The interesting issue here is,money is so central to mans earthly sustenance .Naturally speaking
It's important also in ministry work
Yet,therein lies the greatest trap .
Your natural needs must never be your pursuit or motivation .
Jesus never compared any other object of worship with God,only money ,I mean the pursuit of it
Matthew 6:24 KJV
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
I know several preachers who have changed their course and cause in ministry for money .
They believed they need it for influence ,it's affluence helps ministry work etc.
It's plausible .
So,they alter their teaching for this cause ,to make more influential folks attend church .
They water down some truths ,and go Gaga on prosperity .
I love how pastor tokunbo Adejuwon says it
" even if you be extreme on prayer ,evangelism ,walking in love ,but not money,that's a dangerous trap "
I believe so too.
They now teach giving for prosperity ,so extreme .
When I engage them,the excuse is usually
"So and so are the major ministries around the world ,they do the same ."
"We need money for so and so"
I have not seen any give me true and well explained scriptures for the garbage they call prosperity ,I refer to the materialism doctrine not the one taught in scriptures .
They have become so skilled at it ,that even a visitation to heaven to correct them might still not help .
We must all know,we have a Lord to return to,who will judge us all.
When all the fame is over,you will see him alone
You can do all the preaching and be rewarded with nothing
1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV
[when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Cast away means not qualified for a reward not salvation
1 Corinthians 3:13-15 KJV
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
It won't be jets,high rise buildings and massive structures that will be tested.
It will be the spiritual substance in your work which money can't buy .
It might appear far for this to happen but such is the view of the disobedient till it ruins them .
You must keep the faith ,the message ,and not submit it to the whims of the day
2 Timothy 4:7 KJV
[7] I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
I follow Kenneth E Hagins teaching on prosperity .
He is one worth following ,if you want to remain sane and do Gods plan .
I heartily recommend his book " Midas Touch " to dear ministers like me,
Sadly ,it's been surpressed ,with many prominent preachers avoiding or criticizing it.
God judge us all.
The book has truth that will set many free .
Let me close with some excerpts from him
Never put money first! The first time the Lord appeared to me, He told me, “Be careful about money. Many upon whom I’ve placed my Spirit and called to the ministry have become money-minded, and have lost the anointing upon their lives "
Personally I have seen this happen to men I know , He writes further
During my more than sixty-five years of ministry, I have often dealt with the issue of prosperity for believers, insistently emphasizing a balanced, scriptural approach. I have observed many teachings and practices that have both helped and hindered the Body of Christ. I have seen some faith men of God stay the course, and move accurately with the truth of the Word and the Spirit, resulting in great blessing for a host of believers. Unfortunately, I have also seen many others become side-tracked by extremism, ultimately shipwrecking their ministries and hurting and disillusioning many people in the process. (excerpt taken from the Introduction, page xiii, subsection Finding Balance Between Extremes, emphasis added)
Watch it,yes we all need money but never let your need turn to greed .
Your desire become covetousness .
I believe this will bless you .
Have a faith filled weekend .
I call you blessed .

3 comments:

  1. Those who gather worldly possessions to satisfy their egos and insatiable wants must realise that they will need worldly protection to secure worldly possessions. Little wonder that they no longer put their trust in the Lord again, but in the bayonet and AK47 of their security guards. I was shocked when I entered a Nigerian church and saw that whilst the Senior Pastor was preaching, there were about 12 hefty, fiercely looking, full armed, dark-goggled men watching over the senior Pastor to prevent him from being harmed inside his own church! He had acquired so much that dying to meet Jesus Christ and leaving such humongous assets behind, was not immediately an option. Oh Jehovah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who gather worldly possessions to satisfy their egos and insatiable wants must realise that they will need worldly protection to secure worldly possessions. Little wonder that they no longer put their trust in the Lord again, but in the bayonet and AK47 of their security guards. I was shocked when I entered a Nigerian church and saw that whilst the Senior Pastor was preaching, there were about 12 hefty, fiercely looking, full armed, dark-goggled men watching over the senior Pastor to prevent him from being harmed inside his own church! He had acquired so much that dying to meet Jesus Christ and leaving such humongous assets behind, was not immediately an option. Oh Jehovah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you play baccarat? - Worrione
    youtube converter online › youtube mp4 play › worrione baccarat › online › play › baccarat Here is what you should know about baccarat in Canada. Play baccarat game online for free online or real money.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your View

 
My WordPress Hi! You can put anything here, be sure not exceed the limit.